General Scope of the Position
American Chamber of Commerce in Albania (AmCham) is looking for a dynamic Policy & Advocacy Manager to provide support in daily management of AmCham programs. Policy & Advocacy Manager coordinates the committees and prepares annual draft programs and calendar of events. He/She closely monitors the legislative landscape for the proposed draft laws and provides reviews and analysis for the committees as considered fitted. Policy & Advocacy Manager is responsible for shaping the organizations’ response to emerging policy trends. Working with a variety of external partners, they play a key role in horizon scanning and maximizing the organizations opportunities for external engagement. Policy & Advocacy Manager works closely and reports to the Executive Director. The position will be based in Tirana and will be offered a full-time assignment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare committee annual draft programs & of events – follow board approval process;
- Coordinate events with Chairs of Committees & Key speakers (coordinate with communications and events manager);
- Continuously monitor the legislative landscape for proposed draft laws;
- Coordinate with committees during the review and analysis of draft laws. Prepare official letters and share committee comments with appropriate institutions as needed;
- Attend relevant government sessions related to draft laws in order to protect member interests;
- Provide solid analysis in law-making and policy development;
- Responsible for shaping the organizations’ response to emerging policy trends, technology policies, knowledge & advocacy in relation with both, members & external partners;
- Engage with public agencies and interest groups in preparing opinions and draft laws for recommendation to official channels/submissions;
- Provide horizon scanning and maximize the organizations’ opportunities for external engagement.
- At least 7 years of relevant legal or public administration and/or private sector work experience;
- University degree in legal or equivalent;
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focused reports;
- Great attention to detail, ability to analyze and summarize long and complex documents;
- Ability to think beyond traditional methods and to be innovative in seeking solutions to operational and logistical challenges;
- Strong relationship building capabilities;
- Good teamworking abilities;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Organizational, presentational & planning skills;
- Ability to multitask and work without supervision;
- Professional level English.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Have worked and/or studied in the United States for 2+ years;
- Advanced degree on Business Management or Economics is preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and a current resume/CV at [email protected] and include “Policy & Advocacy Manager” in the subject line. The application deadline is 01 October 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About American Chamber of Commerce in Albania (AmCham):
The American Chamber of Commerce in Albania (AmCham) is a private, not-for-profit business promotion and development organization. Through its work and services, AmCham seeks to build a better business climate, and to be the leading representative for U.S. and international business in Albania. Since its establishment in 2000, the Chamber has worked to increase trade between the United States and Albania, to promote foreign investment in Albania, and improve the Albanian business image in U.S. and international markets. AmCham’s membership has grown steadily over the past decade, and now totals more than 210 active members representing the most productive and successful businesses operating in Albania.