Executive Director – AmCham Albania
The American Chamber of Commerce in Albania (AmCham) was established in 2000 and is a member-based, independent, not-for-profit organization representing American and Albanian business interests. AmCham seeks to build a better business climate, increase trade between the United States and Albania, promote foreign investment in Albania, and improve the Albanian business image in the U.S. and international markets. AmCham’s membership has grown steadily over the past decade and now totals more than 195 active members representing some of the most successful businesses operating in Albania.
AmCham is looking for a dynamic Executive Director who would be responsible for overseeing AmCham’s operations and programming as well as actively implementing AmCham’s strategic plan as laid out by the organization’s volunteer Board of Directors. This is a full-time position based in Tirana and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board of Directors and staff to ensure that AmCham’s mission is fulfilled.
- Responsible for leading the AmCham office and staff in a manner that supports AmCham’s mission and strategy;
- Responsible for working with the Board of Directors on strategic planning to ensure that AmCham can successfully fulfill its mission and strategy into the future;
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and providing the information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions;
- Responsible for the enhancement of AmCham’s image by being active and visible in the AmCham business community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Maintains and ensures the financial health of AmCham.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of AmCham, including preparation of an annual budget and monthly financial statements;
- Responsible for the fiscal management of AmCham within the approved budget and ensuring maximum resource utilization and maintenance of a positive financial position;
- Responsible for fundraising, membership payments as well as developing any other resources necessary to support AmCham’s mission;
- Actively cultivate relationships with existing members and seek out new members.
3) AmCham Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure the smooth operation of AmCham activities.
- Responsible for the effective administration of AmCham’s operations;
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of qualified and professional staff;
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into, and on behalf of, the organization;
- Develop periodic reports on AmCham’s key activities, issues, and required action points.
4) Stakeholder Relationships: Maintains and cultivates relationships with external partners in order to strengthen AmCham’s impact and effectiveness.
- Represent AmCham to, and build professional relationships with, local and national governing authorities as well as international partners to ensure the full participation of a broad spectrum of institutional relationships;
- Serve as media contact to enhance AmCham’s image;
- Provide leadership in advocating AmCham’s objectives, ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about AmCham’s activities and goals;
- Advocate the interests of AmCham’s members in improving the business climate;
- Maintain relationships with the U.S. Embassy, the Albanian government, the regional AmCham network, AmChams in Europe, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Highly developed leadership skills including the ability to inspire, build trust, and inspire confidence;
- Minimum five years of experience in relevant leading positions;
- Strong budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting;
- Excellent organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation;
- Working familiarity with employee performance management systems;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Albanian;
- Ability to coherently and effectively communicate AmCham’s mission and vision
Knowledge of fundraising strategies and member relations;
- Experience working with governments, civil society, international institutions, and donors
In-depth knowledge of the United States and Albania;
- Advanced university degree in business, economics, political science, or law;
- Dual US/Albania citizen, US citizen or working/studying experience in US is preferred but not mandatory.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV + Cover Letter in English, referring to the Job Position, to: [email protected] before 1st of July 2021. All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality. We will be happy to consider and notify the candidates that meet our client’s criteria.